Format & Rules

Athletics
Barone's Cyclones
Beer Garden Cubs
Mariners
S.I. Royals
Todt Hill Wine & Liquors

SEASON FORMAT

Teams will play 13 to 24 games depending upon their requests.  The first-place team will be the regular-season champion. In the event of a tie for first place, head-to-head competition will be the first tie-breaker.  If that fails, the teams will meet in a one-game playoff.

BILL KLAPACH-HANK TOKARZEWSKI CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS

All six teams will go to the postseason. The first round will be single-elimination.

First round: Sixth-place team vs. third-place team (Game 1) and fifth-place team vs. fourth-place team (Game 2). (Rainout dates: Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.)

Semifinals: (Best of three series will begin on weekday if first-round games are played on Sunday). Game 1 winner vs. second-place team, and Game 2 winner vs. first-place team.

Championship: (Best of three series will begin on weekday if semifinal series are concluded on Sunday).

THE REWARDS

The pennant winner and the playoff winner will receive a championship trophy/plaque. One trophy/plaque per team.

THE RESPONSIBILITIES

Players are expected to conduct themselves in such a way that wives, girlfriends, children and spectators in general can enjoy the games. Since spectators are in close proximity to the field and the benches, this includes, but is not limited to vulgar or obscene language. Penalties for improper conduct may include ejection, a fine and/or suspension. Note: A team will be given one warning for obscene language; thereafter, any member of that team who uses obscene language will be ejected from the game. Teams are reminded they represent the league, and at the end of a game, they are responsible for cleaning their bench area. Failure to do so will result in a $50 fine.